Your Mind can send you negative thoughts and desires like “I want to eat those doughnuts”, “I’m too tired to go to the gym”, “I won’t get an ‘A’ on my Math exam so I won’t study tonight because I want to watch the basketball game.” OR it can send you good thoughts, motivation, insight, strength, energy, peace, and joy. What type of thoughts do you have each day? What type do you want? You can change your negative thoughts into positive ones and you will be happier.
Your thoughts also help determine what happens in your life. It will be hard to lose weight if you constantly get thoughts and desires like “I can’t lose weight”, “I want to eat another plate full”, “I am too tired”. You can still lose weight but it will be a constant struggle.
You can be in charge of your thoughts. You can let go of the negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts. You can also put in positive thoughts anytime you want and Your Mind will send you good thoughts, motivation, insight, strength, energy, peace, and joy during your day. This thoughts and desires are actually coming from what I call the Inner Mind (your subconscious). This Post will help you talk to yourself so you get the positive thoughts. For more details about how the Mind Works go to my Hypnosis Workbook on my blog. To read the Intro Post click here https://wp.me/p4zkyM-ZO
BENEFITS OF POSITIVE THINKING
- Happy thoughts
- Relief from stress
- Answers to why I do this
- The glass is half full and getting fuller
- More energy
- More peace and joy
- I can do this!
- I feel good
- and many more
So how do we talk to ourselves? Here are some guidelines.
- Positive Suggestions – Make them positive, present tense (the Inner Mind your subconscious thinks in the present), simple, realistic, add emotions, and repeat them. I can quit smoking. I love being a nonsmoker. I can lose weight. I am losing weight. I love losing weight. I can get an ‘A’ on my Math exam. I feel peace flowing thru my body. I can do this. I love playing cards. I am having fun playing this video game.
- Questions – I love questions. They bring up insight and answers. What’s going on? (this is the big one), What can I do? Why do I want to smoke? How can I finish Chapter 7? Why am I so stressed out at work? Why do I eat so much? How can I help Joyce? Do you want to lose weight or stay overweight? (when tempted to eat junk).
- Anti-Suggestions – True statements about what the consequences of doing something, for example what smoking does to you. The Inner Mind (subconscious) doesn’t consider the consequences so we need to tell it. This is great for a bad habit. Smoking can cause lung cancer. Smoking makes my body stink. Smoking burns my lungs. Not studying means I might not get an ‘A’ on my Math exam. Eating too much means I may gain weight.
- True Statements about what happens when you quit a bad habit, or reach your goal, help somebody, do a great job at work. After quitting smoking my lungs begin to clear up. When I get that promotion I have more money. Helping Joyce makes me feel good. After doing a great job at work my boss is happier and perhaps will say something nice to me.
- Instructions – Visualize being a nonsmoker. Say your goal 3 times. Ask yourself: What’s going on? Say Peace Self Hypnosis. Say: let a success in your life come into your awareness. More details in Workbooks.
HOW and WHEN and WHAT TO SAY
Say them whenever you want to especially when negative thoughts come up. Turn the negative thoughts into positive. You can also say them without the negative thoughts coming up, whenever you want.
- I can’t lose weight then say to yourself I can lose weight
- I am tired then say I feel good or I feel energy flowing thru my body or say Energy self hypnosis
- When you want to overeat say a few positive suggestions and perhaps add a few Anti-suggestions if needed. See Weight Loss Workbook.
- During a work break give yourself positive suggestions, perhaps do a visualization of achieving a goal or finishing your work on time.
- When – Working out at the gym, before studying for your Math exam, when you have a desire to smoke, when stressed out, when you get up in the morning, when you need some motivation, when you need some inspiration, when sad or angry, and many more ways when you can give yourself positive thoughts.
- All the Workbooks are full of ideas on what to say and when.
With Self Hypnosis it’s easier for your Mind to accept the positive thoughts and let go of the negative ones. I teach 5 types: ‘relax relax’, Peace, Energy (also called Strong), EFT, and audio tracks which are especially good for becoming more positive. The Hypnosis, Goals, Weight Loss, Stress, Quit Smoking, and Positive Thinking Workbooks go into details.
Example – Weight loss using Peace self hypnosis for which you can use the words: at peace, or relaxing, or heavy whichever works for you.
- My shoulders, arms and hands are relaxing
- My chest and stomach are relaxing
- My back is relaxing
- I feel relaxation flowing thru my body
- Next put in positive suggestions, ask questions, or any of the others. Example what to say
- I can lose weight
- I love losing weight
- Losing weight means I look so much better
- Losing weight means I am happier
- I can lose weight
- On the count of five return refreshed and feeling good 184.108.40.206.1. (optional)
Example – Getting tired working out at the gym using Energy self hypnosis
- My shoulders, arms, and hands are getting energized
- My chest and stomach are getting energized
- My back and legs are getting energized
- I feel energy flowing thru my body
- I complete my workout
- On the count of five return energized 220.127.116.11.1. (optional)
Example – stressed out at work using ‘relax relax’ self hypnosis
- Say to yourself ‘relax relax’ ‘relax relax’
- Feel a wave of relaxation flowing thru your body
- Visualize finishing the work on time and your boss happy
- On the count of five return refreshed and feeling good 18.104.22.168.1.(optional)
SELF HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTIONS
You can keep your eyes open or closed. Peace is usually closed, Energy open, and ‘relax relax’ can be either. First read the self hypnosis script to get an idea of what it is. Then read these lines one by one and follow what is says until you get the script in your head and then let them unfold in your mind. Deep is not needed. Self hypnosis takes some time to learn however you can start getting result with a light level of self hypnosis
You can have positive thoughts and be happier. I hope this Post helps you.
Note – If you live in Marin County or close by in the San Francisco CA USA area I would like to present “How To Talk To Yourself” to your Group.
Thank you. Garry Waligore Hypnotist
website energyhypnosiscenter.com email firstname.lastname@example.org